Sunday August 30, 2015 - 1900 UTC / GMT
What is it about?
Bron Stuckey is instigating a campaign to reboot Quest Atlantis, a project derived from Active Worlds which she has been intensively involved in. She joined us on Learning2gether to tell us about the importance to learners of Quest Atlantis and the Kickstarter campaign she is promoting to help raise funds to revive the initiative, as it says on these websites
For the past decade there was a vast educational research project taking place in classrooms on 6 continents. It was Quest Atlantis, a massively multiplayer online game integrating strong support for 21st century skills into each subject. Teachers, students, and researchers alike hoped that Quest Atlantis could grow, and other students could share the experiences they loved. Some parts of the project moved forward, but as grant funding for the multiplayer platform drew to a close, the team couldn’t keep the game ready for today’s classrooms. As the developers of the engine that ran Quest Atlantis, we’ve always been excited to see what students were able to do, inside the game and out, and we listened when teachers told us they didn’t want to see it go. We’re working hard to bring it back for a new generation, in collaboration with members of the original Quest Atlantis team. If you brought your students in to Quest Atlantis – or if you were a student there – you know that the community formed around reading, writing, building, sharing, and saving the world together was special. You know there was potential for much more to unfold – more for students and teachers to create, more features to make the right tools available. Make your pledge and help us bring a new Quest Atlantis to a new generation!
Joining Bron were
- Rick Noll, Owner and one of the original developers of ActiveWorlds, Inc.
- and Ellen Jameson of Reboot Quest Atlantis
How this worked at showtime Aug 30, 2015
- You could listen to the stream in the video embedded above while chatting with us in real-time in the Chatwing embed below
- or you could
- If there is space available (up to 10 people) you are always welcome to join us in the Hangout on Air
- It is a public hangout in the profile of Vance Stevens on Google+
- Join the conversation and catch the stream on the Google+ event page:
- You can join us in HoA via its direct link posted here at show time
and posted to Twitter hash tag #learning2gether
- If the Hangout is full, listen to the stream and interact with us in the text chat
- You can let us know if you want to join the Hangout
- We will let you know via the stream when space comes available
- When you enter the Hangout
- Wear a HEADSET to avoid broadcasting speaker sound back into the Hangout
- Switch OFF the stream as it is on a delay and will create an echo for you
- Please MUTE YOUR MIC when not actually speaking into it during the HoA
Before, during, and after the live event, you can chat with us in the chat space above
and / or join the conversation on the Google+ event page
Here is the chat for this event copy / pasted from Chatwing
Connect with the Chatwing from any browser at http://chatwing.com/vancestev
For further information on all our upcoming events please visit
(redirects to ...